The COMPUPLAST® Cable Coating Extrusion Package™ can help the user visualize the material behavior anywhere inside the process. It can handle virtually all die geometries like cross-head/side-fed dies, spiral mandrel dies (flat and cylindrical) and multi-layer dies.
This package can be used to simulate the components of virtually any cable coating extrusion process including coextruded products. It can be used to develop optimized cable coating dies for maximum production rate, estimate extruder performance and to optimize calibration and cooling systems.
The package can be used to evaluate existing equipment or engineer new designs. The results not only include the flow distribution but also the shear stresses that may result in material stagnation inside the die and/or poor surface quality at the die exit.
The package can be applied to both mono-layer and coextrusion processes. As such, problems like interfacial instabilities can also be solved.
With the Cable Coating Package the user can avoid many problems due to improper equipment design and also reduce the number of physical
experiments when developing a new product.
The COMPUPLAST®, Virtual Extrusion Laboratory™ for Cable Coating consists of several modules that can be purchased individually, or in combination, to simulate and optimize the various components in a Cable Coating Extrusion Process.
The applicable VEL™ Modules are:
The VEL™ for Cable Coating has been developed with the extrusion process engineer in mind. These modules can be used to help:
- Optimize Die Designs
- Optimize Flow Channel
- Optimize Mono or Coex Die Design
- Optimize Cooling Sections
The versatility and ease of use have truly made the COMPUPLAST™ Virtual Extrusion Laboratory™ a valuable CAE tool.
The VEL™ for Cable Coating is also a very useful and powerful product development and process troubleshooting tool.
The modules can be used to help:
- Optimize Material Selection
- Optimize Coex Structures
- Troubleshoot Process Problems
- Minimize Down Time
- Maximize Production
The Cable Coating Extrusion Package can help the user understand/solve the following problems:
- unbalanced flow at the die exit
- poor surface quality
- material degradation inside the equipment
- instabilities in coextrusion process
- layer pealing and/or forming voids during cooling
- material shrinkage in the cable direction
- re-heating/melting of the material on wind-up
- induction and/or microwave heating
- problems related to the extruder performance such as surging, material overheating, material degradation and burning